Photographic milestones and awards:
- Awarded EFIAP Gold for over 500 acceptances in FIAP International salons in 38 different countries.
- Awarded EFIAP Silver for International salon acceptances.
Awarded BPE4 distinction for 200 acceptances in British Photographic Exhibitions.
- Awarded EFIAP Bronze for International salon aceptances.
- Awarded EFIAP (Excellence FIAP) for International salon aceptances.
- Awarded AFIAP (Artiste International Federation of Photographic Art) for International salon aceptances.
- Image selected by Royal Photographic Society for the Catalogue cover of the International Images for Screen Exhibition 2013.
- Awarded ARPS (Associate of the Royal Photographic Society)
- Re-started photography, awarded LRPS
- Photography replaced by other priorities
- Darkroom processing of monochrome prints from film and colour prints from transparencies
My background was in business management and information systems. Now, one of my 'third age' interests is developing my creative vision and technique to be able to realise interesting images via photographic media.
I am based in Norfolk, England and enjoy travel with photography in mind.
RPS selects image for International catalogue cover
The Royal Photographic Society selected one of my images for the cover of their International Images for Screen Exhibition 2013. This is one of a series of slightly surreal images that I made in 2013 that can be seen under the Collections > surreal sub-menu on this site. These are typical of my work during this stage, which followed a sense of release from the tyrany of making images limited to the representation of reality.
Exposure to the inspirational work of other successful photographers led to my acceptance that this kind of expression is 'valid'. This image 'Entertaining Disaster' is composed from images I have taken at different times and locations. This exciting process has no limits other than the maker’s imagination, as the camera simply helps create the raw material used as a starting point.